Sunday, July 17, 2011

Debt Ceiling Issues.

Just read an question/answer article on another blogger's blog where someone asked if their home value would drop if the debt ceiling isn't raised.  I didn't really bother reading their answer, it was long and involved, but I don't think she should worry.

First, I called my investment guru Friday, and he says they always raise it at the last minute.  It's a bit of a show to get us all thinking they're finally going to be frugal and take care of our money, but really they'll just keep raising it.

Second, I read where Boemer (I think that's the crying Republican's name) said he'd vote to raise it if the Democrats would among other things vote to have a balanced budget amendment.  They are in talks to consider how to word it.  Politics!!  that's all they are doing, is playing at.  After all a spokeman for Obama said that no one but those in Washington care about what is going on there.  He thinks we Americans are so busy living our own lives, trying to balance our own budges, making a living and just being stupid rednecks, that we don't really watch what they are doing.  If they think that, we need to show them in November that we all listened and vote all incumbents who are up for re-election bye bye, and get a constitutional amendment that no one can make a career out of spending our hard earned money.  Two terms is plenty, and NO retirement.

OK I'm on my high horse here, but I'm passionate about this, and another thing, I actually heard Obama say if they didn't raise it, the social security recipients wouldn't get their pay checks.  EXCUSE ME, that is their money; they put it in the system. The govt. doesn't have the right to use it for paying their debts!!!  We are required to save for retirement thru this system, and they should be required to secure it in investments that grow and is always there for us. 

All right, I've gotten it off my chest.  I do feel better.

No comments:

Post a Comment