Thursday, June 23, 2011

Decorating Color

Choose at top your favorite decorating color,  This is a poll.  If you know me, you know its BLUE.  But being a realtor I know I'll have to get rid of it before selling my house.

BLUE:  I drive a blue car, and have a blue sportscar in garage.  My house trim is blue and white; my kitchen is periwinkle and white, my pool table room has blue plaid cloth on the wall.  My dining room is blue print cloth.  I buy my husband blue shirts. 

But in real estate sales, blue is a killer.  Things need to be neutral if you are going to sell your home.  The buyer needs to be able to see a blank slate and imagine their own favorite color.  There are exceptions.  I sold a house in September to someone who chose a house because it had a red kitchen.  She was tired of blank slates that we had looked at, and she was tired of blue as she'd owned a blue home for 15 years.  Normally a realtor will tell you to neutralize the color with beiges and tans. 

I gave my favorite floorings.  Our next poll will be allowing you to tell me yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment