Wednesday, June 29, 2011

I'm confused and other ramblings.

I've spent 15 minutes trying to get on here to make a new post.  I'm not exactly social media literate yet, but trying. 

I just want to tell you a few things on my mind, some about family, some about real estate and some just ramblings.

I have a son in law.  I left him off my first blog.  I was called on that, and frankly, it was just an accident.  He is a great guy and a tremendous father.  He makes me feel welcome everytime I visit, unlike all the jokes about mothers in law and sons in law.  So don't feel left out Johnny, you are a true part of my family!!!  Sorry I had brain fade.

Real estate:  Amarillo's is doing well.  We have about 1,500 houses on the market through mls.  Interest rates are at between 4.5 to 4.75 depending on the lender.  You can get a loan for 3.5% down with fha backing, or 5% on conventional.  We also have VA and Texas Land Board loans available, and I happen to be an approved realtor for TLB.

Amarillo's unemployment is LOW, around 5%.  Bell is really hiring right now and I hear that Corning is too.  That helps our housing markets and rental markets too.  Apartments get rented usually when notice is given.  It's about 97% right now.  If you have some money available to buy rentals or build apartments, you can make a killing right now.

I love showing houses and helping people get into a home.  With 492 other realtors or more than that, sometimes people have a lot of choices on whom to look with.  I say, let me help you.  I've lived here all my life, so I know the city!!  I will NOT push you to buy more than you can afford.  I'll take a lot of the work off your back and let you continue with you career.  I'll handle inspections, be there for the repair work, or whatever is needed to help you get your loan, get closed and moved. 

I also love marketing properties, and so far I've been pretty successful.  (Have a closing tomorrow on a house another realtor listed for 2 yrs, I got it sold in one month) We have what is called Online Seller's Advantage, where we put you on 23 sites and then you get daily or weekly (depending on your preference) emails telling you how many times that day, that week, that month, your house has been included in searches, how many times people have viewed the details and also how many saved your house in their search.  Further we'll give you a graph showing how the activity looks over the course of the listing, whether we are getting more or less clicks.  Then it also shows houses in your area for sale and the prices and when they change in price.  It is quite a good program, and I'm not sure any other real estate company but Prudential has it.  If they do, I haven't heard of them.

I am also helping new people to Amarillo find apartments through CORT relocation.  It is fun, and I meet a lot of new friendly people.  That's why I know how fast apartments are renting.  Been there, done that. (Just made friends with a wonderful couple moving here from Anchorage, Alaska - how is that for spreading wings and flying to new opportunities.)

Further ramblings.  I wish I had the social media/computer literacy thing down.  I want to connect with people and do it effortlessly.  X'ers and Y'ers do it so easily.  I'm a boomer and I'm slower at that.  Share my blog with others, and I'll find some really interesting things to share and keep you abreast about real estate.

Obama wants to increase down payments to 20% if govt involved in loans.  Please let your representatives and senators not allow this, have them vote no.  The housing market will die, everyone will be renting, and the American dream of home ownership could die.  Then we could all live in little white boxes.  I like to paint my walls colors, I want to hang stuff on them.  I don't want a landlord telling me what to do!! 

Finally, my last rambling is I LOVE my co-workers.  They are the best bunch of people to work with, and we have so much fun on Wednesday Tour Day.  Thanks guys for being great to work for and doing your jobs so well.  Prudential Ada Realtors ROCKS!!

Well I hope to find some great things to share with you guys, so check back and pass my blog on to others.  Sign up below at end to get it by email and you won't have to click and find me.  OH YES< check out the color poll.  Two tied.  No one could read the age one, but the choices are Civic, Boomer, X, or Y.  In that order.  Sorry for the brown background, but as I said I'm not too hip on this social media stuff and I can't figure out how to change that awful brown background.  I'll check with Dirk and get back with you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment